The Porcupine Warriors have met the FA Cup holders in similar circumstances last term and will hope to beat them to maintain an unbeaten run
Akuffo, Brenya, Sumaila, Y. Frimpong
A Frimpong, Helegbe, Mpong, Anaba
Mensah, Tahiru, Yahaya, Ainooson
Quaye, Ofori, Attoborah, Nuru
The champions’ unbeaten run at the beginning of the league last year was halted in a ninth week midweek game when they suffered a 1-0 reverse at the hands of New Edubiase. This time, however, the Fabulous club has home advantage and will be looking to extend their unbeaten run.
In a game of contrasts, at least statistically, it will be interesting to see which side comes top. Kotoko this season seem prepared to take games to their opponents but have struggled to break opposition defences down leading to a meager eight goals this season for a team who have drawn five of eight games and have conceded just four times, keeping five clean sheets on the way.
Edubiase have four clean sheets but have played just one drawn game, losing four and winning three, as many as Kotoko. Kotoko will, however, be hoping for a win at home, a feat which they have managed just once all season. They have played out three of their five draws on home turf with three of the four goals conceded coming at the Baba Yara Sports stadium.
A win could see Kotoko go top of the table if results go their way but the Porcupine Warriors could drop sharply if they fail to get maximum points. A win could see Edubiase rise into sixth place while a defeat could see them in there with the relegation strugglers.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Kotoko have scored eight goals in nine games this season and have conceded four times, which is the lowest in the league, and have managed more clean sheets (5) than any other team in the league.
- Kotoko have been involved in the most stalemates this season (5), with more draws than wins (3) in the league but are undefeated so far.
- New Edubiase on the other hand have been involved in the least number of draws (1) this season.
- Edubiase have conceded 12 times this season, as many as Hearts of Oak with only RTU having conceded more.
- Both teams met in similar circumstances last season when Edubiase beat Kotoko 1-0 to end an eight-game unbeaten run which Kotoko were on at the time. The Porcupine Warriors failed to win at home either as Edubiase managed a 1-1 draw in the return leg.