The Phobians will be hoping for a win which could kick start their season after a really shaky start to the term that has seen them languishing close to the relegation zone
Akuffo, Brenya, Sumaila, Joseph
Frimpong, Helegbe, Nii Adjei, Anaba
HEARTS OF OAK
Ansong, Bonsu, Sulley, Ollenu
Abubakar, Ofori, Iddrisu, Sulleyman, Affum
The Phobians will be hoping for a win which could kick start their season after a really shaky start to the term that has seen them languishing perilously close to the relegation zone as they sit in 12th place with seven points out of a possible 18. They have the most potent attack in the league if the statistics are to be believed having scored 11 times in the six games they have played but have also conceded 12 in as many games the worst defensive record in the league (Edubiase have also conceded 12 but have played a game more), a figure that would be of great worry to the Phobia faithful.
Kotoko have had a relatively better start than their perennial rivals but are also not where they envisaged based on their pre-season showings. The Porcupine Warriors, who started the season with four consecutive draws, look to have turned things around in their last two games, managing wins against Berekum Arsenals and Medeama to push them up the table. A win against Hearts of Oak could see them climb into second place behind Berekum Chelsea.
The game is likely to be David Duncan’s first game as Hearts of Oak coach after the Phobians parted ways with C.K. Ackunnor. Both teams will go into the game with a relatively clean bill of health with Osei Bonsu back in training for Hearts while both Rashid Sumaila and Smallboy Korbah played a part in Kotoko’s friendly win over BA Stars. Strikers Kofi Nti Boakye and Mahatma Otoo will most likely play while Laryea Kingston may feature at some point as well for the Phobians.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The two teams are the most successful sides in the domestic top flight with a combined total of 41 titles of which Kotoko have 21 and Hearts 20.
- The last time the two teams met in a league fixture, it ended 2-1 in favour of the Porcupine Warriors after the first leg in Accra had seen no goals.
- Hearts of Oak have scored the most goals (11) in the league this season despite having played a game less, but have also conceded the most( 12) along with New Edubiase who have played a game more and are yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
- The Fabulous club on the other hand have scored just six goals out of six games but have conceded just three, which is the lowest in the league along with Berekum Chelsea, and have managed as many clean sheets (4) than any other team in the league (Medeama and Berekum Chelsea also have four although they have played a game more)
- Kotoko have played Hearts of Oak 46 times at home - Kumasi - but two of those games did not happen in Oseikrom.