Who will grab the headlines in mid-week of the Ghana domestic top flight as the Porcupine Warriors face off with the second-placed side?
Bobie, Ochaya, Adusie, Brenya
Akuffo, Isaah, Mpong, Nti
Alfred, Adams, Kpodo, Sekyi
Jackson, Basit, Alexander, Jordan
Asante Kotoko lost to Berekum Chelsea in the first round with all two goals coming from ex-Asante Kotoko players in the persons of Eric Bekoe and Jordan Opoku. Chelsea who are seeking a double over their rivals will start as favorites in today’s game albeit an away game for the 2010 Ghana Premier League champions.
Kotoko themselves have not been able to replicate their magical form in the Caf Champions League in the domestic top flight causing unrest in the camp of the Porcupine Warriors, especially with some sections of the supporters calling for the head of coach Mas-Ud Dramani.
The coach seems unperturbed about this unfolding event stating that, “I understand the type of job I am in and this is the occupational hazard of our work as coaches - we will make sure we win the match and silence our critics.”
Chelsea of Berekum are cuddled comfortably in second-place on the league table whilst Asante Kotoko are just behind them in fourth on the league log.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Asante Kotoko have lost their unbeaten streak at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium to King Faisal.
- The last time Asante Kotoko lost at the Baba Yara Stadium prior to the King Faisal game was against Liberty on May 24, 2011.
- The last time Berekum Chelsea beat Asante Kotoko at the Baba Yara was in 2010 – a match that ended 3-2 in favour of the Blues.
- Berekum Chelsea earned promotion to the elite league in 2008 and have since been a force to reckon with.
- The Blues were formed in 2000 and were previously named Samatex and in 2008 played their first league match on the 24th of November against Liberty Professionals and won by 3-2