- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Juventus - AC Milan Preview: Rossoneri looking for revenge in Coppa Italia
Milan were beaten by the Bianconeri in the semi-final last term and may see this as an opportunity to continue their positive start to 2013
By Craig Turnbull
Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres
L'steiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Peluso
De Sciglio, Mexes, Acerbi, Constant
Montolivo, Ambrosini, Emanuelson
Bojan, El Shaarawy
Expect few changes for this quarter-final Coppa Italia clash between Juventus and AC Milan.
The Bianconeri will want to bounce back from their shock defeat to Sampdoria on Sunday, while the Rossoneri know the cup could provide a back door entry to the Europa League.
For the visitors, they will have Philippe Mexes available, which means makeshift centre-back Mattio De Sciglio will return to full-back. Francesco Acerbi will continue his role in central defence while Kevin Constant may get the nod ahead of Ignazio Abate.
In midfield, Massimo Ambrosini or Antonio Nocerino may be rested for Urby Emanuelson, while Bojan, who scored against Siena, may be preferred to Giampaolo Pazzini.
For the hosts, Marco Storari is likely to get the nod in goal as he is usually the preferred goalkeeping choice in cup games.
Giorgio Chiellini is still absent for Antonio Conte's men which may mean either Federico Peluso continuing to fill the role in the back three, or alternatively, Martin Caceres could come into the side with Peluso more advanced at wing-back.
Claudio Marchisio's injury is not as bad as first feared but it seems that Paul Pogba may get the opportunity to showcase his talent. Arturo Vidal, who missed Sunday's clash, is expected to return on Wednesday.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus' Martin Caceres (pictured, right) helped the Bianconeri on their way past Milan in last year's Coppa Italia semi-final, as his double gave Conte's men a 2-1 lead to take back to Turin, where they salvaged a 2-2 draw to win 4-3 on aggregate.
- The Bianconeri are tied with Roma for the most Coppa Italia trophies (nine), but have not won the competition since 1995 and lost last year's final to Napoli.
- Juventus' biggest ever win against AC Milan was back in 1926-27 when they thumped the Rossoneri 8-2.
- AC Milan were the last side in this fixture to score three goals in a single match, when they won 3-0 back in May 2010.
- The Rossoneri have already beaten their opponents this season when they won 1-0 back in November. This was the start of a four-game winning streak in Serie A for Massimiliano Allegri's side.
- Milan scraped past past Serie B strugglers Reggina in the last round, but goals from Mario Yepes, M'baye Niang and Giampaolo Pazzini secured the victory.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 1-2 Milan
- 13 %
Juventus 2-0 Milan
- 10.72 %
Juventus 2-1 Milan
- 9.95 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 21, 2013||Juventus 1 - Milan 0|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||Jan 9, 2013||Juventus 2 - Milan 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Nov 25, 2012||Milan 1 - Juventus 0|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||Mar 20, 2012||Juventus 2 - Milan 2|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Feb 25, 2012||Milan 1 - Juventus 1|
|May 18, 2013||Sampdoria 3 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|May 11, 2013||Juventus 1 - Cagliari 1||ITA1|
|May 8, 2013||Atalanta 0 - Juventus 1||ITA1|
|May 5, 2013||Juventus 1 - Palermo 0||ITA1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Torino 0 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|Returns:||Juventus $17.20||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Draw $34.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Milan $40.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|2||Mattia De Sciglio||Defender|
|92||Stephan El Shaarawy||Midfielder|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed