Amidaus – Hearts of Oak: David Duncan to keep an eye on a clean sheet at Tema Stadium
The Phobians will be happy to score at the Tema Stadium where they have been twice this season to maintain a good run for the new coach
By Joshua Ansah
Amoah, Arthur, Koomson, Akuffo
Adjei, Yahaya, Morgan, Quansah
HEARTS OF OAK
Ansong, Gnagne, Sulley, Owusu
Ollenu, Abubakar, Kingston, Abbey
Amidaus on the other hand have had a mixed start to the season but continue to pull off good results and seem to know how to step it up against the big boys having avoided defeat against Asante Kotoko and Medeama already this season with strong performances.
The Phobians will have to watch out as the debutants have been heavily reliant on home form with seven of their nine points acquired at the Tema Stadium, a stadium which Hearts are yet to win at this season despite having been there twice already.
The Rainbow team has neither lost nor conceded under coach Duncan, and will be looking to keep it that way. They may have to do that without Romeo Agban and Godwin Osei Bonsu who are nursing ankle and groin injuries respectively, though Agban was expected to be back in training on Tuesday and may make the squad for the game, but is unlikely to start. That means Ollenu Ashitey may take his place in the squad with little or no other changes expected to be made to the squad that started against Liberty.
Yahaya Mohammed and Mahatma Otoo will be the men to watch in front of goal with five and four goals respectively though Otoo has not scored since the appointment of coach Duncan.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Hearts of Oak are home to the most potent attack as well as one of the most porous defences in the league this season. The Phobians have scored 13 times, more than any other team while conceding 12 times, only RTU have conceded more, though Edubiase have also conceded 12.
- Having failed to keep a clean sheet in their first six games of the season, the Phobians have kept consecutive clean sheets in their last two games.
- Mahatma Otoo is Hearts of Oak’s top scorer with four goals, and he failed to find the back of the net in their Super Clash with Asante Kotoko two weeks ago and their last game too.
- Hearts played both of their first two away games of the season at the Tema stadium, drawing 1-1 with Tema Youth on opening day and losing 3-1 to Dwarfs in the third week.
- Only Hearts of Oak, Edubiase (both 12) and RTU (13) have conceded more goals than Amidaus (10) this season.
Top 3 Predictions
Amidaus Professionals 0-2 Accra Hearts of Oak SC
- 38.89 %
Amidaus Professionals 1-2 Accra Hearts of Oak SC
- 22.22 %
Amidaus Professionals 1-3 Accra Hearts of Oak SC
- 11.11 %
|Ghana Premier League (GPL)||Mar 9, 2014||Accra Hearts of Oak SC 3 - Amidaus Professionals 0|
|Ghana Premier League (GPL)||Nov 10, 2013||Amidaus Professionals 0 - Accra Hearts of Oak SC 1|
|Ghana Premier League (GPL)||Apr 21, 2013||Accra Hearts of Oak SC 1 - Amidaus Professionals 0|
|Ghana Premier League (GPL)||Nov 28, 2012||Amidaus Professionals 2 - Accra Hearts of Oak SC 2|
|Apr 9, 2014||Amidaus Professionals 2 - Medeama SC 1||GPL|
|Apr 6, 2014||Wa All Stars FC 2 - Amidaus Professionals 0||GPL|
|Mar 26, 2014||Cape Coast Ebusua Dwarfs 4 - Amidaus Professionals 0||GPL|
|Mar 16, 2014||Amidaus Professionals 1 - Aduana Stars FC 0||GPL|
|Mar 9, 2014||Accra Hearts of Oak SC 3 - Amidaus Professionals 0||GPL|
|Accra Hearts of Oak SC|
|Apr 6, 2014||Accra Hearts of Oak SC 1 - Heart of Lions FC 2||GPL|
|Mar 30, 2014||Liberty Professionals 3 - Accra Hearts of Oak SC 1||GPL|
|Mar 26, 2014||Accra Hearts of Oak SC 2 - Ashanti Gold SC 1||GPL|
|Mar 16, 2014||King Faisal Babies 2 - Accra Hearts of Oak SC 2||GPL|
|Mar 12, 2014||Medeama SC 2 - Accra Hearts of Oak SC 1||GPL|
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed