Lille - Bayern Munich Preview: Bavarians looking to boost poor away record in Europe
Jupp Heynckes' side have been less than average on their travels on the Continent of late, but boast a decent record against French sides over the years
By Enis Koylu
Beria, Basa, Chedjou, Digne
Kalou, Martin, Payet
Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba
Muller, Kroos, Ribery
Lille boss Rudi Garcia will be without the services of Mathieu Debuchy, who was sent off during the 2-0 loss to Valencia on Matchday two.
Franck Beria will revert to right-back, with Lucas Digne slotting in on the left-hand side of defence.
Meanwhile, Idrissa Gueye is a doubt, while Rio Mavuba is out, leaving Benoit Pedretti and Florent Balmont to form a shield in front of the back four.
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich will be able to welcome David Alaba back into the starting line-up after the Austrian made his long-awaited comeback in the 5-0 win over Fortuna Dusseldorf on Saturday. Dante will drop to the bench, with Holger Badstuber reverting to his preferred role at centre-back.
In midfield, Jupp Heynckes has the luxury of choosing between Luiz Gustavo and Javi Martinez in midfield, while, Toni Kroos will continue alongside Franck Ribery and Thomas Muller behind Mario Mandzukic, who should see off competition from Claudio Pizarro and keep his place.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Including their second-leg qualifying loss against Copenhagen, Lille have lost three of their four Champions League games.
- Les Dogues have drawn two, lost two and won just one of their matches against Bundesliga opposition.
- Salomon Kalou (pictured, right) started Chelsea's Champions League final victory over Bayern last season, and played 84 minutes in what turned out to be his last appearance for the Blues.
- Bayern Munich's 5-0 win over Fortuna Dusseldorf on Saturday saw them set a new record for nine consecutive Bundesliga wins at the start of the season.
- The Bavarians have never faced Lille before, but have played French opposition 30 times, winning on 15 occasions. One of those triumphs, a 1-0 victory over Saint-Etienne in the 1976 European Cup final, saw them lift the trophy for the third time.
- Bayern have lost four of their last five away games in Europe, and have won just one of their last six.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
LOSC Lille Métropole 0-3 FC Bayern München
- 24.97 %
LOSC Lille Métropole 0-2 FC Bayern München
- 14.94 %
LOSC Lille Métropole 1-3 FC Bayern München
- 14.35 %
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Nov 7, 2012||FC Bayern München 6 - LOSC Lille Métropole 1|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Oct 23, 2012||LOSC Lille Métropole 0 - FC Bayern München 1|
|LOSC Lille Métropole|
|Mar 9, 2014||LOSC Lille Métropole 2 - Montpellier Herault SC 0||Lig1|
|Mar 2, 2014||AC Ajaccio 2 - LOSC Lille Métropole 3||Lig1|
|Feb 23, 2014||LOSC Lille Métropole 0 - Olympique Lyonnais 0||Lig1|
|Feb 16, 2014||Evian Thonon Gaillard 2 - LOSC Lille Métropole 2||Lig1|
|Feb 11, 2014||LOSC Lille Métropole 3 - Caen 3||FRAC|
|21||Aurélien Chedjou Fongang||Defender|