AC Milan - Atalanta Preview: Rossoneri look for first home points
Bojan could be in line to start for the home team, who slumped to a 1-0 defeat against Sampdoria in their own stadium before bouncing back thanks to a Pazzini triple
By Daniel Edwards
Abate, Zapata, Acerbi, De Sciglio
De Jong, Montolivo
Bojan, Boateng, Robinho
Bellini, Lucchini, Manfredini, Peluso
Schelotto, Cigarini, Biondini, Bonaventura
AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri could make several changes from the team that went down 1-0 to Sampdoria in their last Serie A outing. Veteran defender Mario Yepes is likely to be rested after his excursions for Colombia in the World Cup qualifier against Chile, compatriot Cristian Zapata taking his place. Bojan could also return to the team after sitting out the Sampdoria defeat.
Atalanta goalkeeper Andrea Consigli will celebrate a landmark at San Siro, the game marking his 200th professional appearance of a career which to date has included spells with the Bergamo club, Sambenedettese and Rimini.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Milan have lifted the Scudetto 18 times in their history, with only Juventus boasting a more successful record in Italian football.
- They were also the closest challengers to the Old Lady in 2011-12, finishing second four points behind the champions.
- They have not enjoyed a brilliant start this season, however. A 1-0 defeat to Sampdoria was followed by a 3-1 win over Bologna, leaving the Rossoneri in 10th place after two games.
- Striker Giampaolo Pazzini (right) netted a hat-trick against Bologna and is tied with Stevan Jovetic as Serie A's top scorer.
- Atalanta defender Federico Peluso scored for Italy midweek, becoming the first player for the club to do so since Cristian Doni back in 2001.
- The Bergamo outfit, with -1, are one of two teams still with negative points in 2012-13, alongside Siena
- Having lost to Lazio, a draw against Cagliari brought the club closer to zero having been docked points for their involvement in Scommessopoli.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Milan 3-0 Atalanta
- 24.02 %
Milan 2-0 Atalanta
- 20.3 %
Milan 3-1 Atalanta
- 10.39 %
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Jan 27, 2013||Atalanta 0 - Milan 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Sep 15, 2012||Milan 0 - Atalanta 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||May 2, 2012||Milan 2 - Atalanta 0|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Jan 8, 2012||Atalanta 0 - Milan 2|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Feb 28, 2010||Milan 3 - Atalanta 1|
|Dec 7, 2013||Livorno 2 - Milan 2||SR-A|
|Dec 1, 2013||Catania 1 - Milan 3||SR-A|
|Nov 26, 2013||Celtic 0 - Milan 3||UCL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Milan 1 - Genoa 1||SR-A|
|Nov 10, 2013||Chievo 0 - Milan 0||SR-A|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
|92||Stephan El Shaarawy||Striker|
|2||Mattia De Sciglio||Defender|
|-||Carlos Javier Matheu||Defender|
|91||Giuseppe De Luca||Striker|
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed