Manchester City - West Ham Preview: Mancini's side look to extend unbeaten home run to eight matches
Roberto Mancini's men have not conceded a goal at the Etihad Stadium in five games in all competitions and are looking to cement their grip on second place in the Premier League
By Adam Mazrani
Roberto Mancini has the luxury of an almost fully-fit side to choose from as he awaits the visit of West Ham to the Etihad Stadium. Sergio Aguero should come back into the starting XI after only being fit enough to sit on the bench in the defeat at Tottenham last week, while James Milner should be fit to make the bench after being forced off at White Hart Lane with a hamstring injury.
Elsewhere, doubts remain over David Silva who has not played since the 2-1 victory at Manchester United due to an ankle problem while Maicon, Micah Richards and Jack Rodwell are all fit.
For the visitors, Mark Noble could be fit to start after making his return off the bench from a shoulder injury in the victory over Wigan last week. His return may see Ricardo Vaz Te drop to the bench as manager Sam Allardyce looks to stiffen up his side's midfield.
James Tomkins remains a doubt due to a calf injury while George McCartney is the Hammers' only definite absentee with a knee ligament injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City have kept six clean sheets in their last seven home games in the Premier League.
- City last lost to the Hammers in March 2009 when Jack Collison scored the only goal at Upton Park in a 1-0 victory. A repeat of that scoreline, with Collison as the goalscorer, is 170/1 with bet365.
- Collison is one of only three members of that matchday squad who still remain at West Ham, along with James Tomkins and Carlton Cole.
- From that City squad, Micah Richards, Pablo Zabaleta, Vincent Kompany and substitute Joe Hart are still at the club, while Wayne Bridge is currently on-loan at Brighton.
- Against Tottenham in their last match, City lost for the first time this season after taking the lead in the Premier League.
- West Ham have the best saves to shots rate in the Premier League this season (76%).
- Andy Carroll (pictured right) scored his first two goals for Liverpool against Manchester City in April 2011.
- From the West Ham squad that last visited the Etihad Stadium in May 2011, only James Tomkins as well as substitutes Winston Reid and Carlton Cole still ply their trade for the East London club.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 0-1 West Ham United
- 14.35 %
Manchester City 2-0 West Ham United
- 11.88 %
Manchester City 3-0 West Ham United
- 9.63 %
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Jan 21, 2014||West Ham United 0 - Manchester City 3|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Jan 8, 2014||Manchester City 6 - West Ham United 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 19, 2013||West Ham United 1 - Manchester City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 27, 2013||Manchester City 2 - West Ham United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 3, 2012||West Ham United 0 - Manchester City 0|
|Mar 2, 2014||Manchester City 3 - Sunderland 1||CCUP|
|Feb 22, 2014||Manchester City 1 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Feb 18, 2014||Manchester City 0 - FC Barcelona 2||UCL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Manchester City 2 - Chelsea FC 0||FA|
|Feb 8, 2014||Norwich City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|12||Ricardo Vaz Te||Striker|
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed