Willy Caballero hopes to negotiate a new contract with Manchester City at the end of the season.
Caballero's current deal expires in July and Goal understands City are yet to make contact with his agent about an extension.
Goal have previously reported that Claudio Bravo has rejected several offers and is determined to remain at the Etihad Stadium beyond the summer.
Caballero had usurped Bravo from Pep Guardiola's line-up earlier this year, and despite falling back down the pecking order recently he will play the remaining games of the season thanks to the Chilean's calf injuy.
And the Argentine stressed that he wants to stay at the club after starting the 5-0 victory over Crystal Palace on Saturday.
"Yes, yes of course," he said. "It’s an amazing team and club with fantastic players so I think every player wants to stay in my position.
"I'm a professional player, we try to be focused, I have been focused in the last eight months when Pep arrived here and I have been professional from the first day, now I have an opportunity to play and a big opportunity to be in goal and try to qualify this club [for the Champions League], after that we see what happens."
It is believed the 35-year-old would want assurances that he will be No.1 next season before signing any contract extension, though he insists there are more factors to consider.
"No, it depends on a lot of things but the most important thing for me is to do my best, I have my opportunity to play now, to try to show what I can do and how I can help the team. I have to keep going and after we will speak with the club and my agent."
Caballero replaced Bravo in the team at the beginning of February and kept his place for two months, until Guardiola named the Chilean in goal for the Premier League game with Hull City on April 8.
Bravo then started games against Southampton and Manchester United, only to pick up a season-ending calf injury against Jose Mourinho's side.
That has handed Caballero a final chance to prove himself, and he says he always worked hard in case such an opportunity came his way.
"I tried to be focused when Claudio started to play again and I trained well," he said. "I kept my professionalism and unfortunately he probably can’t play until next season but I trained really hard for this opportunity and I am now focused on Claudio and me, on the team."