Fernandez offers grim update on Barca move for Verratti

ShareClose Comments
Barca's sporting director revealed that his club had not reached any type of agreement with the French club for the Italian midfielder

Barcelona sporting director Roberto Fernandez said the La Liga giants are yet to reach an agreement with Paris Saint-Germain over Marco Verratti.

Verratti is reportedly Barca's top transfer target and the PSG midfielder is believed to be keen on a move to Camp Nou.

Wenger texting Aleix over future 

But PSG are reluctant to sell the Italy international after Barca president Josep Bartomeu confirmed last week that the Catalans want the 24-year-old .

Speaking at the unveiling of full-back Nelson Semedo on Friday, Fernandez provided an update on Verratti.

"He currently has a contract [with PSG], so there is little I can say," Fernandez told reporters.

"If you want to make something happen with a player who has an ongoing contract then you first need to come to an agreement with his club."

A €100 million transfer fee has been mooted for Verratti, who has won four Ligue 1, Coupe de la Ligue and Trophee des Champions titles since arriving from Pescara in 2012.

Verratti made 43 appearances in all competitions last season as PSG were dethroned by Monaco in Ligue 1 and suffered a demoralising Champions League last-16 exit to Barca.

Next article:
ISL 2017: Teddy Sheringham on Ashley Westwood - If there's ever a chance to lean on someone, he's surely the one
Next article:
Mourinho in fresh Guardiola dig: I don't like a circus when you win
Next article:
'We're going to kill Man City!' - Pochettino's Spurs ready to fight league leaders
Next article:
Klopp rules out Keita arrival at Liverpool during January window
Next article:
Luan considers Ronaldo to be world's best but is in no rush to join him at Real Madrid
Close