Ancelotti: Sanches will stay at Bayern Munich

ShareClose Comments
Carlo Ancelotti appears to have changed his mind about the future of Renato Sanches, who is set to stay with the Bundesliga champions.

Renato Sanches will stay at Bayern Munich for the start of the new Bundesliga season, head coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed.

Sanches had been expected to leave the German champions on loan, having only started six league matches in his first season at the Allianz Arena after joining Bayern in a €35 million deal last summer.

Get odds on Bayern to win the Bundesliga

AC Milan were reportedly front-runners to sign the Portugal international on a temporary basis, although chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirmed Chelsea's Antonio Conte had also asked about the teenager's availability.

But Ancelotti, having been impressed with the displays put in by Sanches during Bayern's International Champions Cup campaign, says he will now keep the midfielder.

"On Renato, there’s no news," the Italian said at a press conference for the Audi Cup, a pre-season tournament hosted by Bayern on Tuesday and Wednesday.

"He's started the season with us and he’ll stay with us until the end of the transfer window, on August 31. He played well in our last game."

Next article:
MLS Talking Points: FC Dallas looks to stop free fall, Red Bulls regroup and more
Next article:
Neymar to miss PSG's Montpellier match
Next article:
From Wonder Boy to Golden Boy - Bosz tips Pulisic for award
Next article:
Forget Pulisic! Barron Trump is now the biggest name in U.S. Soccer
Next article:
'I would even play left back!' - Chicharito willing to play anywhere for West Ham
Close