Manchester City January transfer news LIVE: Barca fend off interest in Umtiti

ShareClose Comments
Goal brings you all the latest news, rumours and deals related to the Citizens as the January transfer window heats up


Barca fending off Umtiti interest


Barcelona are planning contract talks with Samuel Umtiti in an effort to fend off interest from Manchester rivals United and City, reports Marca .

The France international is a man in demand after seeing Liverpool put a £75m deal in place for Dutch centre-half Virgil van Dijk.


No Man City bid for Alexis Sanchez yet


Alexis Sanchez Man City

Arsene Wenger has insisted that there have been no bids for star duo Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil.

The January window opened on Monday and, as reported by Goal, Alexis is keen to push through a move to Manchester City, while Ozil is also being tipped to leave the club.

Click here to read the full story on Goal!


Zaha rules out January move


Wilfried Zaha Crystal Palace

Wilfried Zaha has told Match of the Day that he will be staying at Crystal Palace in the January window.

The Ivory Coast international has seen his fine form this season spark interest from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Read the full story right here on Goal!


Pep expects Sanchez to stay at Arsenal


Alexis Sanchez 31122017

Pep Guardiola has poured cold water on the idea of Manchester City signing long-term target Alexis Sanchez in January, stating his belief that the forward will remain at Arsenal.

When asked by reporters if City were set to make another move for Sanchez, Guardiola said that he did not know and added: "He is a player for Arsenal and I think he is going to stay there."

The comments came in the wake of a serious injury suffered by Gabriel Jesus in City's 0-0 draw against Crystal Palace on New Year's Eve, prompting speculation that the league leaders may turn to the transfer market in order to boost their attacking options.

Read the full story right here on Goal!


Alexis desperate to leave Gunners in January


Alexis Sanchez Arsenal

Alexis Sanchez is desperate to leave Arsenal in January and is hoping to force a move to Manchester City, Goal understands.

It is also understood that the Gunners are ready to cut their losses on the 29-year-old, as it has become clear to his coaches and team-mates that he has no desire to stay at the Emirates Stadium for much longer.

Read Man City correspondent Sam Lee's full story right here on Goal!


Wenger angrily dismisses Sanchez exit talk


Alexis Sanchez Arsene Wenger Arsenal Bournemouth

Arsene Wenger has angrily dismissed questions surrounding the future of Alexis Sanchez, amid talk that the Chile international is nearing a move to Manchester City.

Following his side's disappointing 1-1 draw against West Brom on New Year's Eve, Wenger said that he had no desire to "come back to a subject we have talked about 155 times."

Read the full story right here on Goal!


City on alert at West Brom say Evans could leave


Alexandre Lacazette Arsenal Jonny Evans West Bromwich Albion

Man City could reignite their interest in Jonny Evans this January following Alan Pardew's admission that the defender could leave West Brom.

"We are pretty tight financially. I am conscious if there are no funds available I might have to move something around," Pardew said. "I have to get goals on the board otherwise you can't win games. So there is a scenario Jonny Evans might move and for sure I have looked at that."

City, who previously made a bid for Evans during the summer, lost out to Liverpool in the race for Virgil van Dijk so could turn back to the former Manchester United star as they look to bolster their defensive options. However, they may face competition from Arsenal, who are also said to be keen on the Northern Ireland international.

Read the full story right here on Goal!


Bonucci going nowhere, insists agent


Leonardo Bonucci, AC Milan

Leonardo Bonucci chances of a move to Manchester City appear slim after the defender's agent said that he will remain at AC Milan.

Bonucci, 30, was a target for Man City during the summer but opted to join the Rossoneri instead, making the switch from rivals Juventus. However, life at San Siro has not been plain sailing for the Italy international, with Milan struggling to challenge in Serie A and already undergoing a change of managers.

Goal recently reported that the defender was seeking an exit from the club , just months after joining from Juve, but his agent Alessandro Lucci stressed that his client will "continue to pursue his objectives" at Milan.

Read the full story right here on Goal!


Palace assure Hodgson: Zaha is staying


Wilfried Zaha Crystal Palace

Man City's hopes of landing Wilfried Zaha have seemingly been dealt a blow after Roy Hodgson revealed that a departure from Crystal Palace will not happen.

Article continues below

The 25-year-old Ivory Coast international has been a key player for Palace over the past few seasons and he has reportedly become a target for City, as well as Arsenal and Chelsea.

However, Hodgson explained: "I have assurances from the club owners and chairman, Steve Parish, that [Zaha leaving] is not going to happen."

Read the full story right here on Goal!

Next article:
'Time to take on the big guns' - New FIFA ranking system means India has to play stronger opponents!
Next article:
Liga MX transfer news: The latest rumors and chisme in Mexican soccer
Next article:
Ramos: Real Madrid will win again
Next article:
Man City want to dominate English football, warns Walker
Next article:
OKS will not cater plans to stop Son
Close