Liverpool deal for 'next Ronaldinho' Luan denied by Gremio

ShareClose Comments
The Brazil international forward was reported to have an agreement in place to take him to Anfield, but his current club claim that is not the case

Liverpool do not have a transfer deal in place for highly-rated Gremio forward Luan, the Brazilian club have announced.

Reports had suggested that a £26 million agreement had been put in place to take the 24-year-old to Anfield.

Luan has been billed as ‘the new Ronaldinho’ in his homeland and big things are expected of him.

Coutinho's tricks a treat for Reds

Gremio are aware of the interest being shown in their prized asset but are adamant that no sale has been sanctioned as yet.

The club’s president, Romildo Bolzan, told reporters after Sunday’s 2-0 victory over Botafogo: “Luan is a player who said he would have proposals but so far none have come, except for one about three years ago when he was on a different level.

“We have no approach, no official proposal [from Liverpool]. We have absolutely no concrete proposal.”

Luan’s agent has also sought to play down talk of an imminent move to the Premier League for his client.

Coutinho: Barca links are cool

Jair Peixoto said: “We do talk to Liverpool, as we talk to other clubs as well, but there is no proposal.”

Luan currently has a year left to run on his contract.

He has netted six times in 16 appearances this season, and 43 times in 175 outings for Gremio, while his senior international debut for Brazil was made against Colombia in January.

Next article:
Man Utd transfer news: The latest & LIVE player rumours from Old Trafford
Next article:
Transfer news: The latest rumours from Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and all the top teams
Next article:
MLS Talking Points: Plenty still on the line on Decision Day
Next article:
Kedah raring to face JDT in third consecutive Malaysia Cup final
Next article:
Baddrol dedicates semi-final win to the late Sultan of Kedah
Close