Mbappe: Monaco exit Champions League with their heads held high

ShareClose Comments
The teenager has every reason to be proud of his exploits in this season's competition despite going out in the last four to Juve

Monaco star Kylian Mbappe insists he learned plenty during his side's Champions League semi-final loss to Juventus.

While the 18-year-old forward managed to get on the scoresheet in Turin on Tuesday, Monaco fell to a 4-1 aggregate defeat after a 2-1 second-leg loss.

Mbappe said the experience would prove useful to him personally, and to Leonardo Jardim's team as a whole.

Falcao: Monaco can come back stronger

"We came with our weapons, we wanted to make it difficult, but we only managed that in fits and starts," he told L'Equipe.

"That is not enough. We again leave with our heads high.

"My goal is useless, it's anecdotal. But there aren't many regrets from this European campaign.

"By playing against the best we learned, I learned, and we will try to come back next year even better prepared."

First-half goals from Mario Mandzukic and Dani Alves put the tie to bed for Juve, who claimed a 2-0 away win last week.

Massimiliano Allegri's men will face Real or Atletico Madrid – the former leading that tie 3-0 – in the final in Cardiff on June 3.

Next article:
Caf Champions League Group D review: Etoile thump Swallows to extend lead
Next article:
Taiwo Awoniyi commits long-term future to Liverpool with new deal
Next article:
Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Barcelona to rival Real for Hazard
Next article:
Shkupi 0 Rangers 0: Gerrard's men advance despite dour draw
Next article:
Lampard raids Chelsea and Liverpool in Derby double swoop
Close