Kaizer Chiefs midfielder Buchanan robbed of R70,000 worth of household items

ShareClose Comments
Midrand police spokesman confirmed the incident to the media and stated that no arrests were made

Kaizer Chiefs attacking midfielder Keagan Buchanan lreportedly lost R70,000 worth of household items on New Year's Day following a house robbery.

The 27-year-old, who has been struggling for game time under coach Steve Komphela this season, is exected to leave the Soweto giants during the current PSL Transfer Window.

According to Sunday World, a police statement indicated that Buchanan, lost his belongings when thieves broke into his apartment in Noordwyk, Midrand, just after midnight on January 1.

The former South Africa youth international, who has been linked with a possible move to Maritzburg United, is said to have informed the police that the suspects gained entry through a bedroom window while he was away. They made off with his two Sony TV sets, an iPad, PlayStation and a MacBook Pro.

"On Monday, at about 2.10am, the complainant left the doors and windows closed, all was in order when he left the house. At 4.15am on the same day, the complainant came back and when he opened the door he was surprised to notice that the plasma TV was stolen," a statement read on the publication.

"On further investigation, the complainant noticed that the other items were stolen."

Midrand police spokesman Mahlaume Mamabolo confirmed a case of house breaking and theft has been opened.

"A complex in Noordwyk has been broken into and few items were stolen. So far, no arrests have been made," he said.

Article continues below

Buchanan was not the only player to be robbed during the festive season as former South Africa captain Steven Pienaar had his Ruimsig, Johannesburg west, house broken into in December.

Thieves made off with items worth R200000 - including his sound system, Louis Vuitton bag, his Porsche car key and cellphones.

Pienaar, who had a successful spell in Europe, is currently clubless having parted ways with Bidvest Wits during the current Transfer Window.

Next article:
How will the World Cup stadiums be used after Russia 2018?
Next article:
Safiq still has a place at champions JDT
Next article:
GAA refusing to host benefit game for ex-Man Utd star Miller
Next article:
ISL 2018-19: Jamshedpur FC appoint Spanish manager Cesar Ferrando
Next article:
Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Real Madrid prepare £50m Trippier bid
Close

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Show more Accept