Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has dismissed claims that he is ready to step aside from his role as Gunners boss after 21 years in charge.
Speculation has been building as to the Frenchman’s future plans as he has not signed a new deal with the Emirates club, who appear destined to go another season without claiming the Premier League trophy.
Earlier this week, Gunners great Ian Wright said that when he met Wenger for dinner, he got the impression that the former Nancy and Monaco coach was ready to give up the job in the summer.
However the 67-year-old, who watched his side's 2-0 win over Hull on Saturday from the directors' box due to a touchline ban, has rebuffed such suggestions.
“We had a little dinner, not the two of us,” he said. “I appreciate that you want me to rest, but I’m not ready for that.”
Wenger is the Premier League’s longest-serving manager, having overseen more than 1,150 matches in charge of the Gunners, during which he has won three Premier League titles and six FA Cups.