Divock Origi has revealed he hasn’t considered any interest from other clubs this summer as he focused on returning to Liverpool and "displaying his qualities" with the competition in attack elevated.
Lyon, Marseille and Monaco have all been linked with the Belgium international, who played in Ligue 1 at Lille prior to his £10 million switch to Anfield.
The striker, who scored the second goal in the Reds’ 2-0 Premier League Asia Trophy victory over Crystal Palace on Wednesday night, has a more intense contest to land a spot in Jurgen Klopp’s frontline during the new season.
Mohamed Salah was recruited for an initial £36.9 million - a club-record fee - from Roma with Under-20 World Cup winner Dominic Solanke joining from Chelsea to strengthen the manager’s options.
But Origi intends to meet the challenge having not entertained any approaches.
“It's my agent who deals with these matters,” he said at Hong Kong Stadium when asked if there had been contact for him from clubs in France.
“I only thought about coming back, preparing and being here for the pre-season. Apart from that, I didn't think about anything else.”
On his strategy for handling the battle to win a starting place, Origi added: “I have to focus on my performances, display my qualities, and then it’s up to the manager to make the choices.
“I’m confident in my qualities and I’m confident in the group - it’s only a good thing that we have so many top players.
“I enjoy playing with quality players. For me, I just have to enjoy my own game and do my thing as it’s what I can control.”
The 22-year-old, who has 21 goals having started 36 games for Liverpool in his two seasons on Merseyside, believes 2016-17 provided good schooling for him.
“I think I learned a lot, because it was a special situation with a big club having no European competitions,” Origi said.
“For me, I just try to make steps every game. I think I had ups and downs, but in the end, I learned.”