Maradona at a loss to explain reports of disturbance with girlfriend

ShareClose Comments
The Argentina legend was left bemused by media claims of an alleged incident at his hotel room involving his partner

Diego Maradona was left baffled by media reports of an alleged disturbance involving him and his girlfriend and said the police were not contacted.

The Argentina icon is in Spain ahead of Real Madrid's Champions League last-16 tie with his former club Napoli.

Luis Enrique on the brink of Barca exit

Reports surfaced on Wednesday suggesting that the authorities had been called to Maradona's hotel room concerning an alleged incident involving the 56-year-old and his partner.

Those claims prompted Maradona to release a statement via his official Facebook page, in which the 1986 World Cup winner denied any complaint had been made to the police.

"I want to inform that I am in Madrid enjoying my family, and waiting for Napoli to play in the Champions League," Maradona said.

"My lawyer Matias Morla contacted the Spanish authorities. There are no complaints and nobody was able to explain to me the reason for this media show.

"I'm having a great time, let them tell their stories..."

Next article:
Why does it always have to be about Cristiano Ronaldo?
Next article:
'Bale made them look like d****!' - Neville mocks Liverpool with his own 'Allez' chant
Next article:
'Rooney would be a great player for MLS' - D.C. United remain hopeful on deal for Man Utd legend
Next article:
'Salah will miss World Cup' - Injury rules Liverpool star out for two months, claims Saudi sports administrator
Next article:
Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Pogba wants Juventus return
Close