Ceballos denies Real Madrid deal complete

ShareClose Comments
The Spanish champions have been heavily linked with a move for the Real Betis midfielder, but he insists that no transfer has yet been struck

Dani Ceballos has denied claims that a deal is in place for him to join Real Madrid from Real Betis.

'Ronaldo is angry'

The 20-year-old is under contract at Betis until 2020, but reports in the Spanish media claim La Liga champions Madrid are poised to meet Ceballos' rumoured €15 million release clause and loan him back for next season.

However, Ceballos – who helped Spain reach the final of the European Under-21 Championship in a 3-1 win over Italy on Tuesday – says those suggestions are mere paper talk.

"The rumours are not true," he told Cadena Cope.

"The team with which I currently have a contract in force for three years with is Real Betis."

Ceballos, though, has conceded a Betis exit is not completely out of the question, but insists his priority for the time being is helping Spain's U-21s succeed in Poland when they face Germany in Friday's final.

"I do not know if next year I will play in Betis," he added.

"I now have my holidays and my priority is to win the final on Friday."

Ceballos - who has also previously been linked to Atletico Madrid - made 30 Liga appearances last term, scoring two goals and supplying as many assists.

Next article:
African All Stars Transfer News & Rumours: Sporting CP want Slimani return
Next article:
Spinazzola jokes Ronaldo has his Juventus shirt
Next article:
I have no problem with Sergio Ramos, says new Spain coach Luis Enrique
Next article:
Osorio should be firmly at the top of USMNT coaching wish list after leaving Mexico
Next article:
Who will replace Juan Carlos Osorio as Mexico national team coach?
Close

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Show more Accept