Antonio Conte says Chelsea are trying to add new players to their squad before the close of the transfer window.
The Premier League champions have signed Antonio Rudiger, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Alvaro Morata and Willy Caballero so far this summer, but there have been suggestions Conte is unhappy at a lack of further transfer activity.
The Blues started the new season with a 3-2 defeat to Burnley, sparking speculation they will look to enhance the squad before they recovered to beat Tottenham last week.
And, while Conte says he is not thinking about new signings, he suggested a lot is going on to bring new players in.
"The club is working hard to strengthen our team and squad," he told reporters.
"My focus is only on the pitch. Then we will see what happens at the end of the market.
"It's not important to feel strong [in the squad]. It's important to show to be strong on the pitch.
"The club knows very well what is my idea, but my focus is to improve my players on the training pitch."
Questioned about links with Swansea's experienced Spanish striker Fernando Llorente, who played under Conte at Juventus, the Italian replied: "I don't like to speak about players on other teams. I think it's a lack of respect."
Regardless of whether or not Chelsea do bring in more players in the week ahead, Conte knows he will have to rotate his team more often in 2017-18, the club having returned to the Champions League after a rare absence last term.
The Blues were pitted against Atletico Madrid, Roma and Qarabag in Thursday's draw in Monaco.
"It is a tough group but when you play this competition, you must be prepared for the best teams in Europe," he said.
"If someone is thinking I can use only 11 players or 13 players, it's impossible.
"It's a challenge for me but [also] for the club, for the fans. We think with 'us', not with 'I'. We are trying to strengthen our squad."