White Hart Lane
Sunday 22 October
Kickoff 17:00 (GMT + 2)
Team News & Picks
Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino, will have to rotate his squad after a trip to Real Madrid, but heavy hitters Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen will inevitably lead the line. Spurs are also likely to be boosted by the returns to fitness of key trio Danny Rose, Mousa Dembélé and Victor Wanyama. Dembélé and Wanyama have been especially missed in all-action midfield roles.
Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp, rotated his side in a 7-0 win at Maribor so his key men should be fresh on Sunday. The long-standing injury issues, however, are still a headache for the Merseyside team. Attacking options Adam Lallana and Sadio Mané remain sidelined, along with dependable defender Nathaniel Clyne.
Big Match Facts
- Tottenham are undefeated in 22 of their last 23 Premier League home matches.
- Harry Kane has scored 27 goals in 25 Premier League matches in 2017.
- However, Kane has yet to score a Premier League goal at Wembley, Tottenham’s new home.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 10 matches against Tottenham in all competitions.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 9 Premier League matches against Tottenham, including the last 4 away from home.
- Liverpool are undefeated in 11 of their last 12 Premier League matches.
- There have been 140 goals in this rivalry, only 2 short of the most for ANY Premier League fixture.
The Harry Kane show
Tottenham are back in the capital seeking three Premier League points after a very positive 1-1 draw at the home of European Champions, Real Madrid. Their Danish playmaker Christian Eriksen, has been an ever-present in the Premier League, weighing in with three goals and two assists. He will be tasked with creating chances for the prolific Harry Kane, who has 16 goals in his last 12 matches in all competitions.
Visitors Liverpool, will need some end product from the varied threat posed by an unpredictable front three comprising Mohamed Salah, Philippe Coutinho, and Roberto Firmino.