Bastia fan banned in relation to alleged Balotelli abuse

ShareClose Comments
The former Liverpool and AC Milan forward was barracked from the stands during a Ligue 1 fixture, leading to one individual being barred from entry

Bastia have issued a stadium ban to a supporter in relation to alleged racist abuse towards Nice striker Mario Balotelli in Friday's 1-1 draw between the teams at the Stade Armand Cesari.

Balotelli claimed after the game that a section of the home supporters targeted him with "monkey noises" and called the experience "horrible".

Real Madrid cross removed from badge

The French Professional Football League (LFP) has since said it will investigate the incidents.

Nice praised the squad and Balotelli in particular for not responding to "provocations" from the terraces after their team bus was stoned pre-match.

In a statement, Bastia had previously said the club had not "been informed either by the referees, the delegates, or by any member of OGC Nice of any incident of this type" after the match.

But, in response to the claims, Bastia wrote to Canal + and beIN Sports to request footage from the match.

The club have now confirmed that a supporter has had his season ticket revoked and been prohibited from entering the stadium after he made himself known.

Next article:
Parma get Serie A points deduction and striker Calaio banned for two years
Next article:
Bellerin shows support for Ozil after Germany retirement
Next article:
Negeri still have one thing to do for their fans, says Lemos
Next article:
Hazard signing would signal post-Ronaldo revolution at Real Madrid
Next article:
Everton pre-season 2018-19: Fixtures, transfers, squad numbers & complete Premier League schedule
Close

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Show more Accept