The 78-year-old Swiss still feels that he has work to do in his role at the head of the game's governing body
The 78-year-old had been expected to announce his intention to run for another stint at the head of the world governing body during June's Fifa Congress in Sao Paulo and he has now told Blick that he still feels that he has work to do beyond the end of his current term in office.
"I want to do it because it is not over yet," Blatter admitted when asked whether he will throw his hat into the ring for the May 2015 elections. "My term is indeed over, but my mission is not yet finished."
The Swiss has been president of Fifa since 1998, having served the orgnisation since 1975 as technical director and general secretary under previous president Joao Havelange.
So far, only Jerome Champagne, a former deputy general secretary at Fifa and old ally of Blatter, has confirmed his intention to stand for next year's elections. However, the current incumbent is set to follow suit with an announcement at the next Congress in Sao Paulo on June 10-11 ahead of a World Cup Blatter told Blick he cannot wait for.
"It is my 10th World Cup," Blatter added. "I was at my first tournament in 1978, and the one in Brazil will be a great occasion, a tremendous thing."