The World Cup hosts' hopes of winning the tournament on home soil ended with a 7-1 defeat and the 65-year-old says he will discuss his future after the third-place play-off
The World Cup hosts were humiliated at the semi-final stage, conceding five goals by half-time before Andre Schurrle struck twice after the break to complete the victory for Joachim Low’s side.
Brazil will face either Netherlands or Argentina in the third-place play-off on Saturday, and Scolari says that while "under no circumstances" will discuss his future now, he will hold talks with the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) after the tournament.
"After the World Cup we will make a presentation to the CBF, where we will talk about the good and the bad that we have done, and it will depend on the board," he said at a press conference.
Scolari has come under pressure to resign from some sections of the Brazilian press, as well as incoming CBF vice-president Delfim Peixoto, who said the former Chelsea boss should never coach the Selecao again.
But he insists he will take no notice of Peixoto, the current president of the Santa Catarina football federation, and claimed he would not have made many changes if he were to have his time again.
"I won’t answer Delfim because the only major club title his state won, I was responsible for it [Scolari won the Brazilian Cup with Criciuma]. I won’t answer to him. His comment has no bearing.
"We had a disaster in six minutes. But it happened. Let's work for Saturday's game.
"If I could explain what happened in those six minutes, I would answer. But I do not know.
"We wanted to reach the final, but we had this blackout. If I had to redo the squad, I think 20, 21, 22 players would remain. We reached the semi-finals, almost getting to the final. We can’t blame the players for this. Life goes on."
The Selecao had been favourites to lift the World Cup for a sixth time after triumphing at the Confederations Cup a year earlier, and Scolari insists there were positives to take from his side's ultimately fruitless campaign.
"The tournament was not all bad," he continued. "We had a bad defeat. We have a deal with the CBF until the game on Saturday and after that, probably, we will have a conversation to sort some things out.
"With all the difficults we reached the semi-finals. We are a hard-working team, we win together and lose together.
"There is a group which will achieve good things in two or three years. It's a long-term job but it is already being done."