Pre-season round-up: Late Holt strike sees Norwich beat Celtic as Wigan cruise past GW Micheldorf

Chris Hughton's side battled to a 1-0 win over the Scottish Premier League champions despite being under pressure, while the Latics had an easy evening in Austria

Celtic 0-1 Norwich City

Norwich City picked up a 1-0 win against Celtic in Glasgow on Tuesday night, with Grant Holt scoring in the final minutes.

The Premier League team named two different outfield sides for the match, with goalkeeper John Ruddy playing the entire game after he was ruled out of England's Euro 2012 campaign.

The match started evenly with James Vaughan looking Norwich's most potent threat, while Georgios Samaras was dangerous on the left for Celtic, but it was Kris Commons who had the first chance as he hit the crossbar from the edge of the box, while Mikael Lustig also hit the bar seconds later.

Samaras soon went close himself as he latched on to a clever pass from Dylan McGeouch, but his chipped effort just went past Ruddy's left-hand post.

The hosts started the second half as the stronger team with Commons having a good effort again on 52 minutes, but his 30-yard strike sailed narrowly wide.

Norwich eventually came to life and nearly took the lead through Chris Martin as Russell Martin crossed into the forward, who attempted to backheel the ball goalwards, but former Canary loan-star Fraser Forster made the save.

Samaras had another good chance as Paddy McCourt found the Greek striker, but his looped effort was just a bit too high to lob Ruddy in the Norwich goal.

Celtic generally had control of the closing stages until a Jonny Howson strike could only be blocked by Forster and Holt charged in to knock in the rebound with stoppage time moments away.

GW Micheldorf 1-3 Wigan Athletic

Wigan eased to a 3-1 win over GW Micheldorf in their latest pre-season match.

Roberto Martinez's side started much the better team as they got themselves two early corners, while Franco Di Santo headed Ronnie Stam's cross just over the goal.

Five minutes later Jordi Gomez saw a sweetly hit volley go over, and soon after Micheldorf's Michael Obermar forced Lee Nicholls into a reaching save from long range, but Wigan were still looking stronger.

The Latics thought they had taken the lead just before the half-hour mark as Mauro Boselli headed Jean Beausejour's cross towards goal, but despite appearing to cross the line play continued.

However, Wigan took the lead five minutes later as Boselli got on the end of Beausejour's cross and chested it over the line at the far post, but they had to wait until the 62nd minute before a second goal.

Victor Moses was the scorer after Ben Watson had an effort cleared off the line, but the two-goal lead did not last long as Mathias Roidinger picked up a loose ball in the Latics' area before finding the back of the net.

Callum McManaman secured the win late on for Wigan as they dominated proceedings for the entire match, with Micheldorf offering very little attacking-wise in Austria.