thumbnail Hello,

Louis Saha came on as a substitute to score on his comeback after four months out injured, but Lee Chung-Yong was stretchered off for Wanderers with a suspected broken leg

Newport County 1-3 Bolton Wanderers

Lee Chung Yong went off with a suspected broken leg as Bolton Wanderers beat Newport County 3-1 thanks to an Ivan Klasnic brace.

Elliot Buchanan struck first for the hosts, getting on the end of a long-ball to poke home.

But Klasnic responded with his fourth and fifth goals of pre-season, after County defender Tom Miller was earlier credited with an own goal when he deflected a Klasnic shot into the net.

His first came after he headed home a Martin Petrov cross and he completed the scoring before half-time when he rifled home after County had failed to clear a corner.

The result, though, will be tempered by the serious-looking injury suffered to Lee.

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Stoke City

Stoke City could not follow their midweek success with a victory against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Boss Tony Pulis gave Jonathan Woodgate a start as he made only three changes to the side who beat Hajduk Split 1-0.

In a quiet game, Stoke came closest to breaking the deadlock: Kenwyne Jones was denied by Nicky Weaver when through on goal, whilst Diego Arismendi thundered a shot against the bar.

The hosts had one great chance but Clinton Morrison had a shot saved by Asmir Begovic.

Birmingham 1-2 Everton

A Leighton Baines free-kick and a strike from substitute Louis Saha were enough for Everton to win at St Andrews.

In a match with a lot of chances, Baines struck on the hour after Seamus Coleman had been tripped on the edge of the box.

Saha, playing his first match for four months, came on and slotted a shot low into the corner from a similar range.

Adam Rooney then scored a consolation goal when he diverted home Morgaro Gomis' drilled ball into the area.

Coventry 0-3 Norwich City

Newly-promoted Norwich ran out comfortable 3-0 winners at the Ricoh Arena.

Aaron Wilbrahams scored in the first few seconds after the ball had ricocheted around the area, although Sammy Clingan and Gary McSheffrey came close to equalising for the home side.

But in the second-half, Steve Morison headed home Elliot Bennett's deep cross, before Bennett himself smashed one home from 25 yards to seal the win.