New Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu faces a tough start to his tenure after it emerged he will also be cited in the complaint regarding an alleged misappropriation of funds in the transfer of Neymar from Santos last year.
Sandro Rosell resigned on Thursday, just one day after a Spanish judge revealed that the investigation into the controversial transfer will continue in court, and Bartomeu immediately vowed to fight the allegations.
The new president, who will hold the role until club elections are held in 2016, told reporters: "We are going to be very strict in the defence of our club against all the judicial and sporting authorities."
However, socio Jordi Cases will now extend the complaint to include both Bartomeu and Barca's economic vice-president Javier Faus, his lawyer revealed on Thursday night.
"We never thought it would come to this," Felipe Izquierdo told Catalan station 8TV. "We thought Barca would react, that they would call Mr. Cases and show him the numbers.
"But Sandro [Rosell] didn't tell the truth - and not just once, twice or three times. [Now] we will extend the complaint to [include] Bartomeu and Faus."