The Bianconeri great says that the former boss, who resigned last week, had lost the will to stay on and claims he had been talked out of resigning in May
The 44-year-old surprised the football world when it was announced last Tuesday that he had left his post with the Bianconeri by mutual consent, despite winning three Serie A titles in a row.
However, Nedved - who is on the Turin club's board of directors - insisted that there was not one dramatic bust-up that prompted Conte to leave the Turin outfit and claims he had initially been talked out of resigning at the end of 2013-14.
"Antonio has resigned because he did not have the energy to continue disagreements with management," the 41-year-old Czech told reporters in Italy.
"He already wanted to resign in May, but we talked and I convinced him to think about during the holidays. When he came back he decided he did not want to continue."
Nedved, who made 315 appearance for Juventus over his career as he won two Serie A titles with the club, added that the Bianconeri had not been radically destabilised by the departure and would continue to build for next season.
"None of what the media have said about his resignation is exact," the former Lazio winger added. "Conte was just tired. His decision surprised us, even if at the end of the season we had already talked about it.
"The market and the strategies do not changewithout Conte - we do not intend to sell any major players."
Star midfielders Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal have been linked with departures to Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United respectively.