The midfielder is convinced his side will continue to build on a strong second half to this campaign, highlighting Mario Balotelli and M'Baye Niang as key playersSulley Muntari is confident AC Milan will launch a serious challenge for the Scudetto next season.
Massimiliano Allegri’s men have recovered from a poor start to the campaign and the loss of key players Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to sit in pole position in the race for Serie A’s third and final Champions League spot.
Juventus have secured back-to-back league titles and will be eyeing a third next year but Muntari says the San Siro outfit will be ensuring they don’t have it so easy next time around.
He told the club’s official channel: “I'm sure that next season we will have everything in order to challenge for the Scudetto. We have no excuse not to.
“At the moment, it is important to concentrate on getting third place. But if we do get third place it will motivate us a lot for next season.
“Earlier this year we struggled with all the changes that were made over the summer, but slowly we have become a team. We are clicking now.
“Mario Balotelli is very important to us, as he demonstrated again against Torino and we also have M’Baye Niang who is a quality attacker who will improve further next year.”
Sunday’s 1-0 win over Torino put Milan four points clear of fourth-placed Fiorentina, with just three games left to play until the Serie A season comes to a close.
“We are happy with how the Torino game ended,” added Muntari.
“We picked up three very important points. It wasn’t an easy match. Ultimately, we got the victory to put us in a good position.
“Now we are focusing on the Pescara game. They are already down but we are only concentrating on ourselves.
“We believe in our own ability and we want to win at all costs.”