The 27-year-old Lazio midfielder has insisted there is no truth in the rumours that linked him with San Siro, but voiced his respect for the Rossoneri despite their slow startLazio midfielder Hernanes has made it clear that he never spoke with AC Milan during the summer transfer window.
The Brazil international was linked with a switch to San Siro earlier this year, but the 27-year-old dismissed claims that he was considering leaving the capital club.
"There have been a lot of rumours, but I never spoke with Milan. I was at no point close to joining them," he told Sky Sport Italia.
"I am very happy with life at Lazio. I have always said that I enjoy life here in Rome."
The attacking midfielder then discussed this weekend's Serie A clash versus the Rossoneri, and insisted that Lazio are not the favourites despite the two clubs' contrasting form so far this season.
"Are we the team to beat? Let's not fool ourselves," he insisted. "Milan are still Milan. They have some great players."
Saturday's match at the Stadio Olimpico kicks off at 20:45CET.