thumbnail Hello,
Inter have contacted Parma over Giovinco, says director Ausilio

Inter have contacted Parma over Giovinco, says director Ausilio

Getty

The Nerazzurri sporting director confirmed his side's interest in the Italian striker and stated that further developments could happen next week

Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio has revealed that his side have enquired Parma over the availability of Sebastian Giovinco.

The 25-year-old striker, who is part of Italy's squad for Euro 2012, is widely expected to leave Parma in the summer, with a host of clubs believed to be monitoring his situation.

Juventus own 50 per cent of Giovinco's economic rights, and they have until June 22 to reach an agreement with Parma, or the full ownership of the striker will be decided through a blind auction, in which the higher bidder of the two will secure the remaining 50 per cent.

Last month, Goal.com revealed that Inter were interested in the striker, and the Nerazzurri director has now confirmed that exploratory talks have taken place.

"We have contacted Parma about Giovinco," Ausilio told Sky Sport Italia. "He is surely a great player, he has improved a lot in the last years and we are following him.

"We will see what happens in the next few days."

Giovinco, who has also been linked with Barcelona, scored 15 Serie A goals for Parma this season.

Related

From the web