thumbnail Hello,

The veteran Argentine striker is in no doubt about his compatriot's quality and believes that the controversial forward would be a terrific signing for Claudio Ranieri's side

Inter’s forwards may have rediscovered their shooting boots in Saturday night’s 5-0 rout of Parma but Diego Milito has admitted that Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez would still be a most welcome addition to the Nerazzurri attack.

Tevez is expected to join AC Milan during the January transfer window but Inter remain in the hunt for the Argentine ace and Milito is hoping that his compatriot ends up at Appiano Gentile.

“He’s a great champion,” the 32-year-old striker told Sky Sport Italia. “I certainly don’t have to be told that.

“I’ve played with him and I can only say that he would be a great additional weapon for us.”

Milito was last month named as Serie A’s Bidone d'Oro for 2011 after a dreadfully barren spell in front of goal over the past year.

However, after netting twice in the crushing win over Parma at San Siro, a game in which Giampaolo Pazzini was also on target, the former Genoa ace is confident that he can rediscover his best form in the coming 12 months.

"All strikers go through spells like that and hopefully I'll be able to score more regularly this year,” the Argentina international said to Inter Channel.

“But the main thing is that the team is winning. I kept calm and I must thank everyone who stuck by me in this period."

Milito joined Inter from Genoa in 2009 and played an integral role in the Nerazzurri’s treble success in his debut season at the Giuseppe Meazza, only to suffer a terrible dip in form last year.

How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.

Related

From the web