Inter president Massimo Moratti has admitted that he knew that the clear-the-air Calciopoli talks would end in failure.
The talks have taken place as Serie A looks to move on from the match-fixing scandal that has shadowed the Italian top-flight in recent years.
Executives from the Giuseppe Meazza team were joined by their colleagues from Fiorentina, Napoli, Juventus and Lazio earlier this week, but no solution was reached; something the 67-year-old anticipated.
"It was fairly obvious nothing was going to happen," he told Corriere dello Sport.
"After all, there are more important things behind all this, like court verdicts and tribunals."
The outspoken chief also gave his opinion on his equivalents at fellow Serie A clubs from Turin and Florence.
"I saluted Juventus President Andrea Agnelli. There are situations that lead us to have opposing theories, but he is a good lad and a real gentleman who behaved in a charming way with me.
"As for Fiorentina’s Diego Della Valle, different experiences and positions do not allow us to sing from the same hymn sheet, but this time there were no incidents of aggression," he stated.
Inter were drawn against Marseille in the Champions League last 16 on Friday, and Moratti feels his men are in for a real test.
"I do not consider this a fortunate draw. Marseille are a strong side and in any case I’d have said the same even if a very weak outfit had been picked.
"Don’t forget last year everyone said Schalke 04 were ‘easy’ to beat and they eliminated us.
"So much depends on the form both teams are going through at that moment. We didn’t have a positive experience with Marseille a few years ago, when Didier Drogba was a phenomenon there.
"Having said all that, I have great faith in our squad," he concluded.
Inter take on Cesena in Serie A this Sunday, and will look to continue their progression up the table after a slow start to the campaign.