The Uruguay forward, a late purchase from Atletico Madrid before the transfer window closed, believes his new side are on the right track following last night's goalless drawDiego Forlan believes Inter are on the right track, despite the Italian side's miserable start to the season.
The Uruguay forward, who signed from Atletico Madrid late last month as a replacement for Samuel Eto'o, has endured a frustrating start to his Inter career.
Forlan scored on his debut against Palermo, but Inter lost that match 4-3 and then suffered an embarrassing 1-0 reverse at home to Trabzonspor in the Champions league earlier this week.
Forlan was cup-tied for that fixture, but returned to the side for Saturday's goalless draw at home to Roma, which means the 2010 Champions League winners have picked up just one point from their first two Serie A games.
"We had chances and the goal is missing at the moment," Forlan said after the game in quotes reproduced by Gazzetta TV.
"The highlight was to see that the team had a lot of chances to score goals, though. We just need a win to boost confidence."
However, the 32-year-old believes there will be no easy games in Serie A this season.
"It's difficult - all of the teams are strong," he said.
"Calcio, La Liga, England; all of the teams have great players and even more so a team like Roma."
Having sat out the defeat to Trabzonspor, Forlan was playing his first match in San Siro on Saturday.
"It's a beautiful stadium, with lots of history and to play in front of the fans is special," he said.