|Bayern Munich (4-2-3-1)
Sattelmaier; Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm; Gustavo, Schweinsteiger; Robben, Muller, Ribery; Gomez
The fitness of first-choice goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is the only concern for Jupp Heynckes' men as the Germany international is reportedly suffering from gastrointestinal problems. With Hans-Jorg Butt out either Rouven Sattelmaier or Maximilian Riedmuller are expected to step in. Star duo Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben should be fit to start the game on Sunday, while centre-half Breno is still sidelined with an injury.
|Borussia Monchengladbach (4-4-2)
ter Stegen; Jantschke, Stranzl, Dante, Daems; Reus, Nordtveit, Neustadter, Arango; de Camargo; Hanke
Lucien Favre has a full-strength squad to choose from as Gladbach aim to pick up their second ever away win to Bayern Munich. New signings Joshua King, Yuki Otsu, Matthias Zimmermann and Lukas Rupp are unlikely to start the game, but some of them are expected to come on as substitutes at some point.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have not lost at home to Borussia Monchengladbach in 16 years.
- Jupp Heynckes, current coach of the Bavarians, spent more that 20 years playing for the Foals, scoring 195 goals in 283 games.
- Five of the last eight encounters between the two teams have ended in a draw.
- Borussia Monchengladbach have recorded 42 losses and have conceded 168 strikes against Bayern Munich, more than against any other team.
- Gladbach last won against Bayern Munich seven years ago with goals from Marcelo Pletsch and Joris van Hout, rocketing the minnows to a 2-0 victory.
- The Foals have held Bayen Munich goalless at home on only two occasions, in 1968-69 and 2001-02. Both games ended in a draw.