The Italian coach is unsurprised by rumours that the Atletico Madrid boss is being lined up to succeed him, explaining that he has grown accustomed to such talkMonaco boss Claudio Ranieri insists that he is not the slightest bit perturbed by reports linking Diego Simeone with his job.
The Italian coach led the principality club back into Ligue 1 last year and currently has Les Rouges-et-Blancs second in the top flight, with qualification for next season's Champions League now looking like a formality.
Despite his success, there is constant speculation surrounding Ranieri's future at the Stade Louis II but the former Chelsea boss says that he has grown accustomed to high-profile alternatives being put forward as potential replacements.
"In Monaco, we prefer to talk about the future of the coach," the 62-year-old told reporters on Wednesday. "It's better than talking about [Radamel] Falcao or [Dimitar] Berbatov.
"I remember in August, we evoked the name of [Andre] Villas-Boas. Before that, there was [Roberto] Mancini. After there were names of [Massimiliano] Allegri, [Antonio] Conte. Everyone wants to come. It's good, Diego Simeone today, but I'm here."
Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev recently stated that the club have no intention of sacking Ranieri, who is under contract until June 2015.
His troops are six points clear of third-placed Lille with just five rounds of the Ligue 1 season remaining.