Rangers 3-2 Celtic: Aluko, Little & Wallace on target to spoil Bhoys' SPL title party as three see red in feisty Old Firm clash

Neil Lennon's side will have to wait for at least another week to secure the Scottish Premier League title after losing at the home of their Glasgow rivals on Sunday
Rangers delayed arch-rivals Celtic's title celebrations with a 3-2 win in the Old Firm derby at Ibrox on Sunday.

A wonderful opener from Sone Aluko gave the home side an early advantage before two red cards further hindered the Hoops’ chances.

Goals from Andy Little and Lee Wallace looked to have secured a win for the Gers, before a late penalty from Scott Brown and a stoppage-time header from Thomas Rogne set up a nervy final few minutes for the Ibrox side.

Motherwell’s 2-0 defeat at Kilmarnock on Saturday ensured the Bhoys had a chance to claim the league title at the home of their Glasgow rivals, but it was Rangers who started brightest with their boisterous supporters urging them on.

And, after just 10 minutes, Aluko sent them into delirium with a stunning opener as he jinked around three defenders before slotting the ball past Fraser Forster.

Celtic responded though and posed a threat with their front pairing of Georgios Samaras and Anthony Stokes forcing Alan McGregor into several good saves.

Their momentum was checked however as Cha Du-Ri saw red after just half-an-hour after dragging back Wallace just outside the area.

Celtic had not won the title at Ibrox since the ‘Lisbon Lions’ side did so in 1967, and following that early dismissal that record looked set to continue as they lost another player early in the second half as Victor Wanyama saw red for a dangerous tackle on Steven Whittaker.

And it wasn’t long until Rangers made their numerical superiority count as Little tapped in at the far post after some poor defending by former Cardiff City defender Adam Matthews.

The Gers had never in their 140 year history lost four consecutive home games in a row and, when Wallace slotted in after Charlie Mulgrew was robbed of the ball in midfield, that record never looked likely to be broken.

But despite being down to just nine men, Celtic launched a late comeback as the impressive Samaras won a penalty after being fouled by Rangers defender Carlos Bocanegra - who saw red for the challenge.

Bhoys captain Brown converted the spot-kick and just two minutes later Rogne gave the Hoops supporters even more belief with a far post header from a Kris Commons free kick.

However, they ran out of time to complete the most unlikely of comebacks, and will have to wait until next Sunday’s clash with St Johnstone to claim their first title since the 2008-09 season.

Follow the SPL LIVE on Goal.com:
Commentaries, Stats, Player Ratings and much more,
Visit Goal.com Live Scores!