thumbnail Hello,

Swansea chairman Jenkins wants an end to Hazard saga

No complaint has been made by the club or by the ballboy involved in the incident but three members of the public have requested that South Wales Police investigate further

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins says that he cannot understand why South Wales Police continues to investigate the incident which saw Chelsea attacking midfielder Eden Hazard sent off in Wednesday's Capital One Cup semi-final.

Charlie Morgan, the ballboy involved, has refused to make a complaint over the Belgian's apparent kick to the youngster's ribs, as have the club, but, following requests from three members of the public, investigators became involved.

Jenkins told Sky Sports News: "On a personal note, I find it remarkable that there is any thought of police action.

SWANSEA CITY LATEST
33/1 Swansea City are 33/1 with Bet365 to beat Sunderland 3-0
"I quickly want everything to get back to normal as quickly as we can, move on and look forward to our next game against Sunderland.

"Things are done in heat of the moment and probably everybody looks back and wishes things had been done differently. We accept how things are and all move forward."

The FA is also understood to be reviewing the footage of the incident which took place during the 0-0 second-leg draw, which saw Swansea reach the final on aggregate.

When asked whether the FA should drop its investigation, Jenkins replied: "That would be my personal feeling but I can't control what others are going to do. Speaking on behalf of the club, it's something we'd quickly like to forget."

He also quickly dismissed any ideas that the ballboy may have been employed to waste time, declaring: "I've never had discussions with ball-boys and I don't know who does."

Related

From the web