thumbnail Hello,

The Manchester City manager was handed a two-game suspension after he criticised Swedish official Jonas Eriksson following his side's 2-0 defeat to Barcelona

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini insists he did not deserve the Uefa touchline ban imposed on him following his outburst at referee Jonas Eriksson.

The Chilean, who subsequently apologised for his comments, claimed the Swede "was not impartial" in City’s 2-0 defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League last month.

MAN CITY LATEST
66/1 Manchester City are 66/1 with Paddy Power to win the Champions League this season
Uefa hit Pellegrini with a three-game touchline ban, though one of those matches is suspended for two years, meaning he will be unable to sit in the dugout when City attempt to reverse a two-goal deficit at Camp Nou next Wednesday.

"I repeat, I don't think I deserve three games or two games," he said.

"I said two days after in my press conference that I was wrong in the way I did it.

"But I continue saying that it was not a penalty and that it decided the game and it was a bad day [for the referee], but I don't want to continue.

"If they decide that is the punishment for me, then I will see what I am going to do in future."

Related