The sides with 100 per cent records will be looking to seal their passage into the next round at this early stage, while there are several clubs fighting to stay alive
With half the Champions League
group-stage fixtures played, Manchester United
already harbour genuine ambitions of securing a place in the last 16 on matchday four.
All three teams have 100 per cent records from their first three games, and a fourth win will see them safely into the next round. Depending on results elsewhere, they could even guarantee themselves top spot.
Barcelona travel to Glasgow knowing that victory over Celtic will clinch qualification, while Manchester United visit Sporting Braga and Malaga head for the San Siro to face AC Milan.
In some of the tighter brackets, Schalke host Arsenal with both sides looking to take control of Group B, while Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid will fight it out for top spot in Group D at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Chelsea will be looking for revenge when they host Shakhtar Donetsk, who ran out 2-1 winners two weeks ago. Elsewhere in Group E, Juventus welcome Nordsjaelland as the Bianconeri
aim for their first win of the campaign.
The Danes are one of several sides who desperately need a victory if they are to defy the odds and qualify for the next round. Manchester City, Montpellier, Anderlecht, Benfica and Galatasaray are the other teams who have just one point to their name so far.
And after slumping to three defeats from three matches, both Lille and Dinamo Zagreb will be knocked out of the Champions League if they lose to Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain respectively.
- Porto can qualify for the last 16 if they get at least a point against Dynamo Kiev.
- Dinamo Zagreb will be eliminated from the Champions League if they lose to PSG.
- Schalke can clinch Europa League football at least if they beat Arsenal, and Olympiakos beat Montpellier
- Arsenal can do likewise if they defeat Schalke and Olympiakos beat Montpellier
- Malaga will qualify for the last 16 if they overcome AC Milan, or draw with Milan and Zenit draw with Anderlecht.
- Malaga can also qualify as group winners if they win and Zenit St Petersburg fail to beat Anderlecht.
- Borussia Dortmund can secure a Europa League spot at least if they beat Real Madrid and Ajax defeat Manchester City
- Real Madrid can do likewise if they overcome Dortmund and Ajax beat Manchester City
- Shakhtar can qualify for the Europa League at least if they beat Chelsea and Nordsjaelland fail to take three points from Juventus.
- Valencia and BATE Borisov can secure Europa League football at least if they win or draw, as long as Bayern Munich beat Lille.
- If Bayern do beat Lille, the Germans can finish no lower than third.
- Lille will be eliminated from the Champions League if they lose to Bayern.
- Barcelona will qualify for the last 16 if they beat Celtic.
- Barcelona can also qualify as group winners if they win and Benfica get at least a point against Spartak Moscow.
- Benfica will be eliminated from the Champions League if they lose to Spartak Moscow due to an inferior head-to-head record.
- Manchester United will qualify for the last 16 if they beat Sporting Braga.
- Manchester United can also qualify as group winners if they win and CFR Cluj fail to beat Galatasaray.
- Galatasaray will be eliminated from the Champions League if they lose to CFR Cluj due to an inferior head-to-head record.