These two sides met in the third round last year, with the Merseyside outfit winning 5-1, but the Latics will be keen to provide some relief from their poor league form
Wabara, Mvoto, Byrne, Grounds
M'changama, Furman, Smith, Croft
Wisdom, Skrtel, Carragher, Robinson
Suso, Allen, Shelvey, Sterling
Cristian Montano (thigh) was recently ruled out for two months for the hosts, but former Everton youngster and star striker Jose Baxter is likely to start fresh from signing a new deal.
Under-fire Latics manager Paul Dickov can boast a near-fully fit squad after James Wesolowski returned to last week from serving a three-match ban.
Brendan Rodgers is expected to make a number of changes with a trip to Arsenal awaiting three days later, with the likes of Jonjo Shelvey, Jack Robinson and Suso likely to return to the starting line-up.
Jose Enrique (hamstring) is expected to be out for a further three weeks, while goalkeeper Pepe Reina (broken nose) has recently undergone surgery with a return date unspecified.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Oldham have picked up just one point from their previous eight League One games, losing seven, and find themselves in 19th place in the table.
- But the Latics beat Championship side Nottingham Forest 3-2 away from home in the third round of the FA Cup.
- Oldham have not advanced further in the FA Cup than the fourth round in 19 years - when they lost to Manchester United in the semi-final after a replay.
- These two teams faced each other in last year's third round, with Liverpool triumphing 5-1 at Anfield.
- The Reds have won the FA Cup seven times, with their last triumph coming in 2006.
- Daniel Sturridge (pictured right) has scored in each of his first three games for Liverpool.
Sturridge is 3/1 with Bet365 to score the first goal in this game.
- Liverpool have faced Oldham four times in the FA Cup and have won each time.