thumbnail Hello,

The Hornets' new manager was relatively coy on the matter, but eventually confirmed that the former Italy international was not in attendance despite reports otherwise

Watford manager Gianfranco Zola has dismissed suggestions that former Italy and AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi visited the club’s training ground on Tuesday.

The 38-year-old has been a reported target for the Championship side since the former Chelsea man replaced Sean Dyche at Vicarage Road earlier in the month following the club’s takeover by the Italian Pozzo family.

Zola admitted that a player of Inzaghi’s stature carries a certain draw, but was hesitant to continue any talk on the subject before confirming that the forward did not visit the club’s training centre.

THAT'S WAT'S UP
10/1 Watford are 10/1 with Sportingbet to be promoted from the Championship

Speaking to Sky Sports News, the Hornets boss said: “Obviously he [Inzaghi] is a player with a big name. Normally I don't talk about players that are not my player.

“I have players to look after here so I'll focus on them.

“Inzaghi is an intriguing name but as the manager I have to focus on my resources.

"I can assure you he wasn't there,” the Italian said when pushed for an answer.

Related