The attacker celebrated ending his three-game ban for an alleged spit at Joe Hart by scoring the only goal in Saturday's 1-0 win over Swansea, and now wants to move on
The 28-year-old was accused of spitting at the goalkeeper during a 2-0 defeat at the KC Stadium on March 15, and was subsequently handed a three-match suspension by the Football Association
Boyd returned to first-team action on Saturday, and scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over Swansea City and, despite vehemently denying he spat at Hart, is now keen to move on from the incident.
"It has been a horrible couple of weeks, but hopefully it is put to bed," Boyd told reporters.
"Everyone close to me knows I didn't do it and hopefully we can move on.
"I still feel hard done by, you don't want to be labelled - and that is one of the worst things you can be labelled. We all know I didn't do it. We can't do much about it now.
"Things are magnified in the Premier League, which is the main thing. If it had been in the Championship nothing would have been said but it was on TV and the amount of cameras, it was blown out of proportion.
"I've seen footage and it looks bad because they slowed it down so much but I didn't do it."