Schalke general manager Horst Heldt admits Julian Draxler could leave the club as Arsenal consider a bid for the midfielder.
Goal exclusively revealed on January 11 that Arsene Wenger is weighing up a move for the 20-year-old this month.
The Arsenal manager has already stated his desire to sign cover for Theo Walcott, who has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a knee injury, has increased, while Schalke claim they do not have full control regarding Draxler’s situation.
“We continue to hope that Julian remains,” Heldt told Bild.
“But there are rules that we can not influence.”
Schalke have already completed a deal to sign Sidney Sam, Bayer Leverkusen's attacking midfielder, at the end of the season, while the Bundesliga club are also keen on signing Tottenham's Lewis Holtby on loan.
Goal exclusively revealed earlier this month that Holtby was seeking clarification over his future at White Hart Lane, while the midfielder's agent claimed on Wednesday that the player is open to a return to his former club.
"Lewis is desperate to play, which is why we are looking intensively for solutions," Marcus Noack told Bild.
"Schalke is an interesting option."