The former England international believes Manuel Pellegrini should have shown more faith in the 26-year-old, who is currently second choice behind Costel Pantilimon
The 26-year-old’s status as City’s first-choice has come under threat after a series of mistakes which has resulted in Costel Pantilimon starting in the club’s last four fixtures, while Goal revealed earlier this month that Malaga's Willy Caballero has been targeted by Manuel Pellegrini.
Speaking to Absolute Radio's 'Rock 'N' Roll Football Show with Ian Wright', Seaman said: “I would imagine he’s going through a lot of frustration at the moment you know because, like when I was going through a bad patch the first thing I wanted to do was play another game.
“You know to try and get it out of the way and then rebuild your confidence. With Joe he’s going to have a bit of trouble doing that because obviously he’s not playing at City. It’s whoever’s playing the best keeps the shirt.
“You know, you don’t know what’s going on at City, but with England it’s good because you know Roy Hodgson’s stuck with him for the qualifiers and he’s produced the goods and we’re now in the World Cup, so it’s a difficult situation.
“If he doesn’t play what’s going to happen?"
After missing England’s friendly defeat to Chile on Friday, Roy Hodgson has confirmed Hart will start in goal against Germany at Wembley on Tuesday.
Seaman, who ended his playing career at City in January 2004, insists Pellegrini should have shown more faith in Hart and believes the pressure will be on the goalkeeper when he returns.
“Totally agree [that Hart should never have been dropped]. Yeah, he’s made some mistakes you know but a lot of it, every one of his mistakes is going to be high profile because he’s playing in big games all the time,” he said.
“You know my only worry now is when does he get back into City?”