The Brazil midfielder has been out with a knee injury for six months but will return to first-team training for the club's tour of Hong KongTottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says he is pleased with how both Sandro and Younes Kaboul have recovered from their long-term injuries.
The Brazilian midfielder has been sidelined since January after undergoing knee surgery, while the French defender has not featured for Spurs since August 18 due to a knee problem.
"Sandro hit six months last week and we are on plan, he’s made an excellent recovery and we’re very happy with him,” Villas-Boas told the club's official website.
"One more week and he’ll join the group and he will also join us for full training in Hong Kong."
Kaboul suffered a further setback during his return last season in April, but Villas-Boas has revealed the 27-year-old is taking part in full training without any problems.
He continued: "It’s a very good start to pre-season for both players.
"It’s great for Younes after a year out to come back to training and have double sessions with no problems."