The right-back was previously fined for refusing to appear on the bench and footage showed him smiling after the relegation on Sunday, but his manager defended his attitudeQPR manager Harry Redknapp defended his players' attitude after Jose Bosingwa was pictured laughing after Sunday's 0-0 draw away at Reading that confirmed both sides' relegation from the Premier League.
The right-back was fined by the club earlier this season after refusing to sit on the bench having arrived from Champions League winners Chelsea over the summer, while Redknapp has regularly fielded questions over his team's mentality following his appointment in November.
|HARRY HOUDINI TO ESCAPE?|
|16/1||BetVictor offer 16/1 on Roberto Di Matteo being next permanent manager of QPR|
"Jose was only laughing because the lad who played for them came up and spoke to him as they walked off," he told reporters.
"He wasn't laughing about getting relegated. You could put a camera on anyone and see them laughing. To start throwing that one at the boy is completely out of order.
"He was laughing because, as he walked down the tunnel, another foreign lad came up and said something to him and he laughed and put his arm around him. I don't see what he has done wrong."
The experienced manager, who won promotion from the Championship with Portsmouth in 2003, instead questioned his players' quality and warned that the west London club may struggle to return to the Premier League next season.
"I've always said the game is about good players. If you've got good players, managing football clubs is the easiest job in the world. At the end of the day, we were short in all respects," he explained.
"It's going to be very hard to get out of the Championship. If they had played better perhaps we wouldn’t have gone down, but one or two will be wanted by good clubs.
"There are an awful lot here that have good contracts and it would be hard to get rid of them even if I wanted to shift them. You can't shift people on two or three year contracts for good money."
Meanwhile, QPR chairman and co-owner Tony Fernandes tweeted: "Sorry to all QPR fans. But the plan goes on. Now more than ever. We owe it to you. No quitting."