thumbnail Hello,

After strong interest from AC Milan and being pictured in a Chelsea shirt, the 33-year-old looks set to stay at Loftus Road as the club prepare for likely relegation

Harry Redknapp has revealed no clubs have approached QPR about signing goalkeeper Julio Cesar, despite strong interest from Milan.

Goal.com exclusively revealed earlier this month that the Rossoneri were trying to capture the signing of the 33-year-old Brazil international.

The goalkeeper has lost his place to Robert Green in recent weeks and, with the club likely to be relegated, strong rumours have surfaced linking Cesar with a move out of Loftus Road, but the manager revealed there have been no talks yet.

RELEGATION ALMOST A CERTAINTY
5/4 QPR are 5/4 with bet365 to finish bottom of the Premier League
"We've not had any enquiries for Cesar at all," Redknapp told reporters in his press conference ahead of Sunday's trip to Reading.

Earlier this week Cesar found himself in hot water after being pictured wearing a Chelsea shirt at compatriot David Luiz's birthday party.

The club is dealing with the repercussions internally while the goalkeeper tries to win his place back in the QPR side after forcing his way into Luiz Felipe Scolari’s Brazil squad.

Redknapp, meanwhile, says he has already accepted relegation and is hoping to bringing the club straight back into the Premier League.

"I'm already thinking about next year," he added. "The players need to show me they want to play for us.

"It's a big summer for us. We need to get the right people in here to help us out. We'll only let those players go that we want to.

"I look at the squad and see players with hunger and desire - but the Championship isn't easy, far from it."

Related

From the web