The 26-year-old is currently serving a three-match ban after being sent off against the Magpies' rivals Sunderland but has vowed to watch his temperament in futureNewcastle midfielder Cheikh Tiote has admitted he needs to be more careful after receiving a three-match ban for his sending off against Sunderland.
The Ivory Coast international was given his marching orders just 25 minutes into the Tyne-Wear derby last month, a game in which his side went on to earn a creditable draw.
And Tiote says he has realised the need to curb his aggresion, even if he will not change his style altogether.
| NEWCASTLE LATEST
|17/2||Newcastle are 17/2 to beat Club Brugge 2-1 with Paddy Power
"That sending-off hurt and it’s been difficult to forget about it and move on," Tiote told reporters.
"I know that I have picked up too many yellow cards and need to be a lot more careful. I don’t need the manager to tell me that.
"But I cannot change my style of play, although it will get better."
Alan Pardew's side face Club Brugge on Thursday evening in the Europa League and currently sit top of their group having amassed seven points from three games.
And the 26-year-old, who is expected to return for the game with his ban not applying in Europe, has called for the Tyneside outfit to keep up their consistency in order to reach the knockout stages.
He added: "We are top of our group and that is what we expected but we want to win every game.
"Now I just want to make amends by putting in some performances."