Edin Dzeko has reiterated his desire to remain at Manchester City and establish himself in the club's starting line-up.
The Bosnia and Herzegovina international has regularly found himself missing out on a place in the first XI, with Blues boss Roberto Mancini preferring to opt for Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero.
However, the 26-year-old has still grabbed an impressive four goals so far this campaign – including the winner against Fulham on Saturday - and is ready to battle the Argentine duo and fellow forward Mario Balotelli for a more regular starting berth.
|MANCHESTER CITY LATEST
|5/1||Edin Dzeko is 5/1 with Bet365 to score the last goal in Manchester City v Borussia Dortmund
"There is myself and three fantastic strikers so obviously we can't all play at the same time so sometimes it can be difficult to find your rhythm," Dzeko told the Manchester Evening News.
"The more games you play, the more goals you are likely to score but with so many good strikers at the club, that's how it is going to be and as a player, you accept that and just try your best each time you play and that's what I do and will continue to do.
"Every time I see a paper - for what seems like for a year or more - there is a story saying that I am leaving City or that I want to go.
"But I've never said that so the stories don't come from me - I've always wanted to stay at City and fight for my place and my motto has always been: 'Never give up'.
"I hope the City fans, who have always been fantastic towards me, have seen I can score some important goals for the team and that's what I want to carry on doing."